- BAMC sets temporary visitation policyby Brooke Army Medical Center Public Affairs on April 13, 2021 at 4:30 pm
In support of patients and families, Brooke Army Medical Center is carefully modifying its visitation policy, as the health and safety of patients, visitors, staff and the community remain a top priority.
- JBSA-Fort Sam Houston observes Denim Day to support SAAPMby Sgt. 1st Class Jaime E. Chavez Ozuna on April 13, 2021 at 3:45 pm
As the longest-running sexual violence prevention and education campaign in history, Denim Day asks community members, elected officials, businesses and students to make a social statement with their fashion statement by wearing jeans on this day as […]
- ARNORTH oversees military vaccination support to FEMA at four new locationsby Col. Martin O'Donnell on April 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm
At the request of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, approximately 560 Department of Defense military medical and support personnel have and will deploy to Colorado, Louisiana, Minnesota and Oklahoma to support federal vaccination efforts in […]
- SMA pushes for vaccinations as Army aims for return to normalcyby Devon L. Suits on April 12, 2021 at 8:30 pm
As the Army strives to get back to normal operations this year, increasing the number of vaccinated personnel will enable readiness and expedite the reopening process, said Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael A. Grinston April 8.
- EFMP Family Support offers individualized Family Needs Assessmentsby Traci Howells on April 12, 2021 at 7:17 pm
Airmen and Guardians in the Exceptional Family Member Program are encouraged to have a family needs assessment, or FNA, conducted upon entry into EFMP, and then again as needs emerge and family situations change.
- Second IG Disparity Review Survey comingby DoD News on April 12, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Beginning April 9, the Department of the Air Force will be seeking feedback through a survey for the second ongoing Inspector General Independent Disparity Review.
- IAAFA historian documents past, looks to futureby Vanessa R. Adame on April 12, 2021 at 6:00 pm
The black and white photographs neatly arranged in a manila folder sit next to dozens of typewritten documents dating back to the 1950s. Some of the photos are visibly damaged and yellowed from time. They’re part of a collection of items that […]
- Total Force delivers excellence at BMTby Joe Gangemi on April 12, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The concept of Total Force Integration is simple – active duty, Reserve, and National Guard Airmen work together in support of the Air Force mission.
- U.S., Salvadoran armies renew training opportunities in Central America following staff talksby Donald Sparks on April 12, 2021 at 3:00 pm
U.S. Army South, on behalf of the Army's chief of staff, conducted virtual staff talks with the Salvadoran Army April 7 to promote readiness-focused bilateral efforts that enhance interoperability, contribute to the readiness of the total force, and […]
- Local Air Force wings forge strong bonds through partnershipsby Samantha Mathison on April 12, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Commanders of the 433rd Airlift Wing and the 960th Cyberspace Wing at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland made the wings’ partnership official when they signed a formal memorandum of understanding March 31. Teams from each wing spent almost a year […]
- AETC officials name building in honor of retired Gen. Stephen Wilsonby Dreshawn Murray on April 9, 2021 at 10:56 pm
Officials at Air Education Training Command named building 905 “Wilson Hall” and unveiled a plaque bearing the name and image of former U.S. Air Force Vice Chief of Staff retired Gen. Stephen Wilson during a building dedication ceremony at […]
- JBSA commemorates Days of Remembranceby Maria F. Rodriguez on April 9, 2021 at 8:00 pm
This year’s theme is “Acknowledge, Preserve, Honor” and pays tribute to the military photographers who played a crucial role in documenting evidence of Nazi atrocities and the Holocaust.
- 733rd Training Squadron NCO wins at 4th Air Forceby 433rd Airlift Wing Public Affairs on April 9, 2021 at 5:00 pm
A flight engineer with the 733rd Training Squadron at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland has been selected as the 4th AF Senior NCO of the Year.
- MHS GENESIS Patient Portal expands new featuresby DoD News on April 9, 2021 at 3:00 pm
MHS GENESIS' patient portal is rapidly increasing in size, capability and usability.
- JBSA M&FRCs plan virtual military spouse conference April 30-May 1by David DeKunder on April 9, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Military spouses who want to find ways to enhance their personal relationships and well-being will have the opportunity to do so during a virtual conference being planned by the Joint Base San Antonio Military & Family Readiness Centers April […]
- Register for April 15 webinar on TRICARE For Lifeby TRICARE Communications on April 9, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Will you soon be eligible for Medicare and TRICARE For Life, or TFL, coverage? If yes, be sure to join the TRICARE webinar titled “TRICARE For Life: Coverage Basics, Eligibility, and Costs” from 1 to 2 p.m. ET April 15 to learn important […]
- Feedback Fridaysby Brig. Gen. Caroline M. Miller on April 9, 2021 at 10:00 am
If you have a question or concern, please send an email to email@example.com using the subject line “Feedback Fridays.” Questions will be further researched and published as information becomes available.
- How a water polo player turned U.S. Air Force pilot inspires the next generationby Tim Gantner on April 8, 2021 at 8:30 pm
U.S Air Force Lt. Col. Jon Somogyi cruises through Converse, Texas, turning onto Judson Llane,
- U.S. Air Force rolls out new mission statementby Tech. Sgt. Joshua Dewberry on April 8, 2021 at 7:30 pm
The Air Force released its new mission statement: To fly, fight, and win … Airpower anytime, anywhere. This change emphasizes the primary competitive advantage and capabilities that Airpower provides to the nation and joint operations. The ability […]
- Talent Marketplace developing a Total Force ‘One-Stop-Shop’ assignment platformby By Toni Whaley on April 8, 2021 at 1:17 pm
The Department of the Air Force is taking another step toward making Talent Marketplace the “one-stop-shop” location for Total Force Airmen and Guardians. A web-based assignment system platform focused on filling mission requirements, Talent […]