- Tech Training Transformation modernizes tech training with virtual realityby Miriam A. Thurber on July 29, 2021 at 1:00 am
Futuristic training, the kind of immersive simulations seen in sci-fi TV shows, is no longer a fictional dream. It’s almost here.
- 435th FTS pilots test new wearable technologyby Airman 1st Class Tyler McQuiston on July 28, 2021 at 10:13 pm
The 12th Flying Training Wing innovation office at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph recently began testing new wearable technology on eight voluntary 435th Fighter Training Squadron pilots.
- METC reopens graduations to guestsby Lisa Braun on July 28, 2021 at 8:00 pm
For the first time since the start of the Coronavirus pandemic, the Medical Education and Training Campus is re-opening graduations and class closings to limited guests, beginning with the Air Force Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice program […]
- Defense official: Food insecurity a readiness, national security issueby Terri Moon Cronk on July 28, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Readiness in the armed forces comprises many factors, but food insecurity impacts physical and mental health, the deputy assistant secretary of defense for Military Community and Family Policy said.
- DOD unveils 2021 POW/MIA Recognition Day posterby C. Todd Lopez on July 28, 2021 at 2:00 pm
The Department of Defense creates a poster each year in advance of POW/MIA Recognition Day, which highlights the department's ongoing efforts to provide the fullest possible accounting of the service members still missing from past conflicts.
- AFCEC begins rollout of upgraded EOD imaging techby Emily Mifsud on July 27, 2021 at 9:30 pm
The Air Force Civil Engineer Center’s Readiness Directorate has begun delivering upgraded portable imaging X-ray systems to explosive ordnance disposal flights around the Air Force.
- Senate confirms Frank Kendall as Air Force Secretaryby Charles Pope on July 27, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Frank Kendall won confirmation from the Senate July 26 to be the 26th Secretary of the Air Force, placing an official with decades-long service in defense issues in the top civilian job at a time when the department is navigating new global […]
- 12th FTW exec recognized as ‘Hidden Hero’by Benjamin Faske on July 27, 2021 at 7:00 pm
The Schertz, Cibolo and Selma Chamber of Commerce Military Affairs Committee recognized Maj. Daniel T. Bourgeois, 12th Flying Training Wing executive officer, as the "Hidden Hero" for the month of June at a ceremony July 20.
- U.S. Army Installation Management Command hosts AMC commanderby Scott Malcom on July 27, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Gen. Edward Daly, commanding general, U.S. Army Materiel Command, visited Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston July 23 to discuss the important missions U.S. Army Installation Management Command performs to take care of the Army’s people.
- Fires involving smoking materials are preventableby Jessie R. Moreno on July 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Home is the place where we are supposed to feel the safest. However, home is where most structure fires, deaths, and injuries due to smoking materials occur.
- Settlement of estateby DoD News on July 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The Commander regrets to announce the death of Army Spc. Tanayshia Surigao, assigned to the Soldier Recovery Unit, Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, who passed away June 9, 2021.
- Express Scripts mobile app makes for more convenient prescription serviceby TRICARE Communications on July 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Looking for an easier way to manage your prescriptions? Tired of waiting at a pharmacy to pick up your medications? The Express Scripts mobile app can help you access your TRICARE pharmacy benefit and securely manage the medicine you take.
- Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Visits Joint Base San Antonio- Fort Sam Houstonby Spc. Ashlind House on July 27, 2021 at 12:00 pm
SEAC Ramón Colón-López, center, Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, visited Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, July 22, 2021. Colón-López is the most senior enlisted service member, by position, in the […]
- Courses, resources help JBSA members deal with financial stressby David DeKunder on July 26, 2021 at 7:45 pm
At some point during their service or careers, Joint Base San Antonio members may experience the effects of financial stress on their budgets.
- Army South participates in Dynamic Force Employment exercise in Colombiaby Pfc. Joshua Taeckens on July 26, 2021 at 5:20 pm
U.S. Army 82nd Airborne Division paratroopers arrived at Tolemaida Air Base, Nilo, Colombia, July 21 for a Dynamic Force Employment exercise with members from the Colombian army, navy, marines and air force.
- Certain Special Warfare SNCOs eligible for retention bonusby Toni Whaley on July 26, 2021 at 2:00 pm
The Department of the Air Force will offer Selective Retention Bonuses, or SRBs, to a wider population of eligible Special Warfare senior noncommissioned officers, if they agree to continue serving for a minimum of three years.
- Team Air Force has arrived at training campby Shawn Sprayberry on July 26, 2021 at 12:30 pm
The Air Force Wounded Warrior Program from Headquarters, Air Force Personnel Center, is hosting the 2021 Warrior Games Training Camp, July 23-30 at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph and JBSA-Fort Sam Houston.
- 502nd Air Base Wing keeps communication lines open with area chambersby Kathy Salazar on July 23, 2021 at 10:00 pm
The Joint Base San Antonio Annual Chamber Summit was hosted by Brig. Gen. Caroline Miller, 502nd Air Base Wing and JBSA commander at the Fort Sam Houston Community Center July 20, bringing together chambers of commerce from throughout the JBSA area.
- W. Ed Parker Youth Programs to host Back to School Carnival Aug. 7by DoD News on July 23, 2021 at 9:30 pm
Schoolchildren and families can take advantage of free school supplies, take part in activities and have a chance to win prizes during the Back to School Carnival from 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 7 at the W. Ed Parker Youth Programs, building 1630 on […]
- Air Force Basic Military Training graduation reopens to the publicby Jason Wilkinson on July 23, 2021 at 7:10 pm
After 16 months without families being able to attend Air Force Basic Military Training graduations at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, more than 1,200 guests viewed the ceremony July 22, with many shedding tears of joy at finally seeing their […]